This horseback ride will make you discover two contrasting aspects of Provence in two Natural Parks: the Luberon and the Camargue.
- In the Luberon, two days 1/2 on horseback, you will discover with our horses and our guide: its landscapes of hills with its perched villages, its Mediterranean fauna and flora. You will ride along orchards of peach trees, apricot trees, vineyards, almond and olive trees. Then you ride to the valleys of the Luberon, up to the ridges, for a picnic on the ridges with a magnificent view of the Durance valley, the Alpilles and the Sainte Victoire to the south; Mont Ventoux and the Alps to the north.
- In the Camargue two days 1/2, you can discover with a Camargue guide riding a Camargue horse: the ornithological richness and the wild beauty of sectors accessible only on horseback with special authorization. You ride among Camargue horses, bulls, and pink flamingos. Beautiful final at a gallop on the beaches !
INDICATIVE ITINERARY :
Day 1 - Tuesday: Meet at Lauris at 10:45 am when the bus arrives from Aix-en-Provence. Welcome drink, lunch at the Mas de Recaute. Allocation of your horse for the two days in the Luberon, preparation, departure for a first 2-hour ride at the foot of the Luberon along orchards and in pine forests with nice views on the Durance valley. Return, dinner and overnight in guesthouses.
Day 2 - Wednesday: Departure for a day of horseback riding to the crests of the Petit Luberon. You leave by a "combe": a valley which rises to the crests, passing at the foot of cliffs sheltering many birds of prey, including the Egyptian vulture. On the ridge you discover a magnificent view of the Durance valley, the Sainte-Victoire Mountain and the Alpilles to the south; over the Mont Ventoux and the southern Alps to the snow-capped peaks to the north. Picnic in a forest of Atlas cedars. Return to our base in Lauris by another valley. Relaxation before dinner and overnight at the guesthouse before a great dinner prepared by your hosts.
Day 3 - Thursday: Departure for a day of horseback riding to the banks of the Durance river. Pleasant ride that allows you to discover a variety of landscapes, pine forests, wild scrubland of the Luberon massif to the shores of the Durance, its beautiful shaded trails around which you can discover many birds, including the majestic gray heron. Picnic on the banks of the Durance. Relaxation before dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 4 - Friday: We drive you by minibus to Lourmarin, a superb classified as "one of the most beautiful village in France" with its castle. Friday is the market day: one: of the most beautiful markets in the Luberon, with its local products. You can stroll through the village and have a free lunch in a bistro or restaurant, before we pick you up at noon for your transfer to the Camargue. Transfer by minibus (about 1 hour 30 minutes) or departure with your own car for the Camargue. Meeting at 2 p.m. with your Camargue guide. Allocation of your Camargue horse for the three days. Departure around 2:30 p.m. for a two-hour horseback ride in traditional Camargue riding, during which you can discover the richness of the interior of the Camargue Regional Natural Park. Free evening. Free dinner (not included) at Saintes Maries de la Mer or in a restaurant 5 minutes from the farmhouse. Return to the farmhouse, overnight at the farmhouse or hotel.
Day 5 - Saturday: Breakfast around 8:30 am. Departure on horseback around 9:30 am for a day of horseback riding in the heart of the Camargue. Ride along the banks of the Petit Rhône, dammed for the protection of the Camargue. Crossing the Petit Rhône by the Sauvage ferry with your horse, destination the "Domaine du Grand Radeau", private property. Visit of this wild place, discovery of its beach and its pine forest, the fauna and flora of the Camargue. Picnic on the beach, possibility of swimming during the lunch break in good weather. Return to the Mas by inland. Aperitif, dinner and night at the Mas or at your hotel.
Day 6 - Sunday: Breakfast around 8:30 am. Departure for the last day of hiking around 9:30 am. Ride in the direction of Saintes Maries de la Mer by the bridleways, between land and ponds. Discovery of the different "levels" of the Camargue to the coast… Picnic at the "Bouvao d'Aubanel", in the shade of the Laupio… The translations and explanations of these words will be provided to you by your guide!!! Discovery of the eastern beach of Saintes Maries de la Mer and the Imperial Departmental Reserve in the afternoon… Landscapes of marshes and sansouïres, rich fauna and flora of the Camargue… A multitude of birds await you depending on the season (350 species of migratory birds have been counted in the Camargue, etc.). End of the hike at the "pointe de Cacharel". Transfer by minibus to the Mas. End of your stay in the Camargue around 5 p.m. Transfer to the Pioch Badet bus stop to take your bus to Arles.
* Indicative itinerary, may be changed if necessary.
On day 1 (Tuesday), meet at Lauris bus (coming from Aix-en-Provence) stop at 10:45 am. Check schedule. Or directly at Cap Rando at Mas de Recaute between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.
To participate and enjoy this trip on horseback, it is imperative to be comfortable at the three gaits (walk, trot, canter) on balanced horses.
At the three gaits: walk, trot, canter when the terrain allows it. Beautiful canters on the Camargue beaches.
Up to 8 riders + the guide in the Luberon. Up to 10 riders + the guide in Camargue.
GUIDE & ASSISTANT:
A qualified guide speaking French and English. A guide specializing in the Luberon, another guide specializing in the Camargue.
You ride two horses: one horse in the Luberon for two days 1/2, another local horse in the Camargue for two days 1/2 the last days.
- In the Luberon: Crosses of Spanish beards or Camargue breed.
- In the Camargue: Essentially of the Camargue breed.
Horses are allocated after discussion with your guide according to your height, weight, level and experience. All of our horses are "professionals" in trail riding: they only do this activity. They are never locked in boxes, they live in herds all year round, from November to March in semi-freedom on more than 500 ha. For these reasons, they are balanced, kind and willful.
Comfortable trail ride saddles equipped with saddle bags. Trail ride saddles are especially designed for long rides as well as for the gaits employed on this type of terrain. The saddles are comfortable for both the horse and the rider.
* Accommodation for information only (subject to availability)
- Simple accommodation: 3 nights in a simple guest house at the equestrian center in the Luberon in 2-3 people bedroom or single bedroom with supplement and 2 nights in a simple guest room in a shared room for 2-3 people at the equestrian center in the Camargue:
- Upgrade accommodation: 3 nights in a superior guest house next to the equestrian center in the Luberon with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, hammam and 2 nights in a comfortable hotel in the Camargue (be careful for this formula you must have a car to get to the equestrian from the hotel in the Camargue). In 2-3 people bedroom or single bedroom with supplement:
* For upgrade accommodation, the hotel in Camargue is 10 minutes drive from the equestrian center, it is necessary to have your car or a rental car.
Evening meals are taken at the guest table of your guest house in the Luberon. In the Luberon, 1 lunch is free to enjoy the charming village of Lourmarin and its many cafes and restaurants. In the Camargue, at the guesthouse table (simple accommodation package) or in a typical Camargue restaurant at the hotel (upgrade accommodation package). Local cuisine, varied and refined. Special diets can be adapted. 1 dinner is free in Camargue to enjoy Saintes Maries de la Mer and its many lively restaurants. Wine is included with meals. At noon, picnics are prepared and taken in the saddlebags.
HOW TO BOOK :
By booking with Cap Rando, you get the benefit of the French travel agency law, one of the strictest in the world: an unlimited financial guarantee for all your payments !
1. CHECK THE AVAILABILITY, PRICE, DISCOUNT:
Check the availability and price (depending on the type of accommodation and after possible discounts) by contacting us through the availability & quote request form or by phone +33 (0)483431321, whatsapp +33(0)609520324, or e-mail: email@example.com
If you already have received the confirmation of the availability and the price, you can proceed directly to your booking:
Fill out the online registration form: https://www.horsebackridingvacations.eu/form/booking-form
If you are registering and paying for several riders, you can add riders on the form.
If you have difficulty with the online form or if you prefer:
- Download the Excel file
- Download the Open Office file
To be completed, saved on your computer, and sent by email as an attachment.
Cap Rando is covered for its professional civil liability: GENERALI contract n ° AL974010.
To register on a Cap Rando holiday, you must be covered by an individual liability insurance covering your activity, individual accident, assistance, repatriation, and possibly cancellation (strongly recommended not to lose your payment in case of cancellation for a reason covered by a cancellation insurance).
We offer to Europe Union & Switzerland citizens (only) to subscribe the "Cap Security" insurance from Chapka Insurance. This covers you for cancellation, interruption of stay, individual accident, assistance 24h / 24h, repatriation, medical expenses abroad, luggage insurance, civil liability. You can also only subscribe a "Cap Cancellation" cancellation insurance if you have insurance covering other risks.
See all information about our cancellation policy and Chapka insurance offer.
For non Europe Union citizens: if you pay by credit card, depending on your card, you may be fully covered: check your contract.
The US citizens can subscribe directly an insurance for instance on: https://www.axatravelinsurance.com/
- For a stay starting at more than 60 days: It is requested at registration: 30% of the price of the stay, the payment of the insurance possibly subscribed, the transport possibly requested, the booking fees. The balance is to be paid 60 days before the start date of the stay.
- For a stay starting at less than 60 days: Full payment is requested upon registration.
- For a stay starting at less than 21 days: Full payment by credit card or instant transfer is requested upon registration.
- If these are the last places available: Payment by credit card or instant transfer is requested.
You can pay:
- By credit card on our secure payment website: You will be directed to the payment link after completing the online booking form.
- By bank transfer: Our bank information will be sent to you after reception of your booking form.
Your payments are guaranted by our GROUPAMA travel agent bond.
If you book a trip through Cap Rando, you have the guarantee not to loose any payment.
The French law is the strongest and requires all French travel agencies to have an unlimited financial guarantee for their customers in case of financial failure.
You will receive a confirmation file and contract with the invoice and all practical information within 24 hours after reception of your registration form and payment.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY:
See the cencellation policy: cancellation conditions.
Please note: Any stay may be canceled in the event of insufficient bokkings to ensure the stay up to 21 days before the starting date. In this case, a replacement stay may be offered to you, if it does not suit you: full refund is guaranteed without compensation. We advise you to book refundable transports.